The crisp morning in Central Ohio today was a firm reminder that we have indeed entered autumn. Leaves are slowly starting to change while days are beginning to get shorter. I enjoy this time of the year with football games, bonfires, sweaters, boots, and of course pumpkin and apple picking! And with apple picking comes apple cider. I made this spiked apple cider at a few gatherings last fall and it was enjoyed by all, and thought I would share it with you.
1/4 gallon apple cider
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cinnamon schnapps
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cut into large chunks
1/2 lemon, juiced
1. Mix together the cider, rum, and schnapps in a large pitcher.
2. Add the apples to a small bowl and toss them with the lemon juice.
3. Thread the diced apples onto skewers.
4. Pour the spiked cider into glasses filled with ice.
5. Garnish with an apple skewer and serve.
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, please contact me and my team. We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Please visit our website at www.Lori-Hicks.com, call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@HERrealtors.com.