As I travel the world, I like to try various foods. I was surprised to find that I actually enjoy clams. Never thought I would! I was also surprised to find that the Pioneer Woman has a recipe for linguine with clam sauce, and it’s delicious (as all of her dishes seem to be).
1 lb linguine
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 (10-oz) cans chopped clams, drained, juice reserved
3/4 cup white wine
Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon slices for garnish
2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley
3/4 cup heavy cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Cook the linguine al dente, according to the package directions.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and 1 Tbsp of the butter.
3. Add the garlic and clams. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Pour in the white wine, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spoon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce has reduced. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter and stir to melt.
5. Reduce the heat and squeeze in the lemon juice.
6. Sprinkle in the parsley and pour in the cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and more clam juice if needed. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
7. Pour the pasta into a heated serving bowl. Pour the contents of the skillet over the pasta. Toss to combine and top with the Parmesan. Garnish each bowl with a slice of lemon.
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, please contact me and my team! We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Please visit our website at http://www.Lori-Hicks.com, call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@HERrealtors.com.