I hope you are enjoying the summer. Fresh strawberries are one of my favorite things about the month of June. I love eating them freshly picked, but also usually make at least one pie, too. It never lasts very long! This is a fairly easy pie that simply tastes like summer to me.
2 pints fresh strawberries
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1.5 cups cold water
1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
3 Tbsp sugar
1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
2 cups whipped topping (can be reduced fat, if you’d like)
1. Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice the rest of the strawberries and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
3. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries.
4. Pour mixture into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
5. Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half. Makes 8 delicious servings.
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, please contact me and my team! We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Please visit our website at http://www.Lori-Hicks.com, call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@HERrealtors.com.