Who doesn’t love sitting around the campfire and eating s’mores? I let myself enjoy that special treat at least once per summer! However, when a campfire isn’t around, I found something to enjoy just as much. A friend of mine brought some over to a party and boy they were a hit! I haven’t made a batch myself, and probably won’t unless I have a party of potluck to take them to – they are dangerous and this recipe makes 1.5 dozen bars!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
3. Press remaining mixture into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Place candy bars over crust; spread with marshmallow creme.
4. Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top.
5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Store in an airtight container – enjoy!
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, please contact me and my team. We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Please visit our website at www.Lori-Hicks.com, call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@HERrealtors.com.