This is a quick and easy way to soak up some of the wonderful sun we are having in central Ohio! I enjoy making a big batch of this tea and drinking it all week long. If you are counting calories, you can use Splenda instead of sugar.
4 family-size tea bags of your choice
1 1/4 cups sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar/Splenda mix)
Water, to fill container
Lemon wedge, for garnish
Fresh mint sprigs (optional)
1 gallon container or jug, with a screw on lid (to keep bugs out!)
1. Around 9am, fill your pitcher with the water, and tea bags.
2. Let the tea sit in the sun for most of the day (4-6 hours), a prime full sun location is best.
3. When bringing the tea in, boil one cup, and then mix it with the sugar (but, in the summer, the heat from outside can be enough to dissolve the sugar). Boiling the cup of tea only helps to make dissolving the sugar easier.
4. Combine the sugar, tea, and more water to make one gallon.
5. Serve with thick 1 1/2″ wedges of lemon and mint sprigs, if desired.
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, contact me and my team! We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@RealLiving.com.