I have tried a few recipes from Rachael Ray’s 30-minute meals, and one of my favorites is the Sexy Surf and Turf: Seared Scallops and Tenderloin Steaks with Manhattan Sauce. It’s not difficult to put together but is a fabulous spring recipe that you should try! Click here to go to her recipe on the foodnetwork.com.
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1 tablespoon, 1 turn of the pan
4 (1-inch thick) tenderloin steaks
8 large diver sea scallops, trimmed of the foot
Salt and pepper
1 large shallot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup sweet vermouth
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chives, 10 blades, chopped or snipped
1. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over steaks to coat lightly. Heat a nonstick skillet on high and add meat. Cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, 4 for medium to medium well. Remove meat from pan and pull it off fire to cool for a minute.
2. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil over the scallops and season with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet on high and cook scallops 2 to 3 minutes on each side until well caramelized.
3. Bring 2 inches water to a boil in a medium skillet (for asparagus).
4. Return meat pan to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add shallots, garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add sweet vermouth and reduce by half, 30 seconds or so. Add butter to the pan to finish sauce.
5. Add asparagus to boiling water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, remove and dress with lemon juice, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Place each tenderloin steak on a plate and drizzle Manhattan sauce down over top. Serve 2 scallops on top of steaks and garnish with chives. Serve asparagus spears alongside.
Serves four. Enjoy with your three favorite people!
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio to enjoy some wonderful meals, contact me and my team! We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@RealLiving.com.