I hope you are loving the nice weather we are finally having here in Central Ohio! It is hot out there, just like the real estate market.
This recipe is a favorite year-round, and is one my friend and her brother came up with. The peanut sauce is excellent, and can be used as a dipping sauce. Additionally, if you are counting carbs, you may omit either the rice or the wraps themselves.
6, 8, or 10-inch tortillas
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
3/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
3 cups broccoli, chopped
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp water
2 tsp minced garlic (more if you really like garlic)
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1. Heat oil (medium-high) in a large skillet. Toss chicken in garlic salt, pepper, and sesame seeds, cook in heated oil for 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink.
2. Add broccoli, onion and ginger to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
3. Meanwhile, combine sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, water and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
4. Heat tortillas in a microwave or oven, if desired.
5. Assemble the wraps using the chicken/broccoli mixture, cooked rice and peanut sauce. Serve immediately. Can use any extra sauce for dipping, if desired.
Serves 6. Enjoy!
If you’re looking for a place in Central Ohio, contact me and my team! We are professionals ready to serve you with your real estate needs. Call me at 614.336.7514 or email anytime Lori.Hicks@RealLiving.com.