January is now behind us, and we are in the thick of winter here in Central Ohio. During these bleak, cold weeks (or months!) I often turn to a comfort food, like this warm and creamy noodle dish.
I must warn you, this recipe is not healthy or even low-fat, unfortunately. However, it is simple, very delicious and always a hit with both family and friends. It is based on a recipe from one of my cookbooks titled Pasta: Irresistible Recipes for Perfect Pasta by Linda Fraser, and it is in the “Meals in Minutes” section.
So while it may not be a low-fat dinner, being quick and scrumptious make up for it!
4 oz prosciutto (I get the thin slices from the deli)
1/2 stick (4 oz) butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
12 ounces fettuccine
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and ground black pepper
1. Slice the prosciutto into small rectangles.
2. Melt the butter in a medium frying pan and add the ham and shallots. Cook until golden. Season with black pepper.
3. Stir in the cream, and keep warm over low heat.
4. Cook pasta al dente per package directions; turn into warmed serving dish.
5. Add the sauce to the pasta and mix until well covered. Sir in the cheese and serve immediately.
That’s it. All there’s left to do is enjoy the meal!
If you are looking for a home to cook this delicious meal in, give me a call! I can help you find the home you are dreaming of. Contact me at Lori.Hicks@RealLiving.com or 614.336.7514.