With the Super Bowl coming up this weekend, I thought it might be nice to feature an easy to make dip that will complement your array of appetizers. You can make this recipe a day ahead of time (actually I prefer it that way!) which is just one of the reasons I like the dip. It has a wonderfully distinctive flavor that a friend of mine introduced me to, and I enjoy making it for various get togethers. But be warned: it’s quite addicting! So whip it up, sit back with some pretzels and/or chips, and enjoy the game!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 oz sour cream (can substitute Greek yogurt if you’re feeling healthy)
- 2 packages (8 oz each) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 – 3/4 can of beer (not light beer)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese (I prefer triple cheddar)
- Blend the sour cream and cream cheese together, fold in the ranch dip mix.
- Gradually add the beer to your preferred consistency.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese into the mixture.
- Use the remaining cheese as a layer on top.
- Refrigerate mixture for 3 hours or overnight, if possible.
- Can add bacon bits, green onions, or olives, if desired.
Makes 10-12 servings.