Each Tuesday, I’ll be featuring a recipe that will hopefully tantalize your taste buds! (I realize this is being posted on a Wednesday, but only due to some technical issues. You can have a tasty Wednesday this week!)
Today, I’m focusing on a chicken recipe that’s simple, yet on the healthier side. With it being just two weeks into the new year, I figure there are probably a lot of people sticking to their resolutions to eat healthier!
I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and the link is below. It comes very highly rated! For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
And here are the simple steps – just two!
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it goes! Thank you for visiting my blog.
For the recipe on Allrecipes.com, click here.